+1-800-315-2771 How To Change Your Name On An Air France Flight Ticket?
Spelling mistakes or typing errors in names on flight tickets may sound simple and harmless, but they may lead to many unpleasant situations you don’t expect to face as a passenger. The TSA rules are pretty strict regarding a name mismatch. Therefore, knowledge of an airline’s name change policy is essential to avoid unnecessary harassment. Most airlines have a well-defined name change or correction policy to guide passengers on such matters and ensure hassle-free air travel for them. The Air France Name Change Policy is no exception. The airline has recently revamped its policy to make it even more customer-friendly. In this blog, we’ll study the policy rules, guidelines and processes so that you know what to do if you notice an error in your name on the Air France ticket.
+1-800-315-2771 How To Change Your Name On An Air France Flight Ticket? Changing your name on An Air France ticket is a common concern for many travellers. Whether it’s due to marriage, divorce, or simply a desire for a new name, Air France understands that passengers may need to update their information. In this blog, we’ll explore the process of changing your name on An Air France ticket, including the necessary steps, associated fees, and important considerations.
To change a Name on your Air France ticket, – (0TA) +1-800-315-2771 or +1 (800) 433-7300 or Receive guidance and assistance for swift and accurate modifications to your flight reservation.
If you find yourself in need of changing the name on your Air France ticket, you can reach out to Air France customer service at 1-800-Air France-1 or, +1-800-315-2771 or +1 (800) 433-7300. They will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding name changes on tickets.
If you find yourself in need of changing the name on your Air France ticket, you can reach out to Air France customer service at 1-800-Air France-1 or +1-800-315-2771. They will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding name changes on tickets.
Air France Name Change Policy
When it comes to changing or correcting names on flight tickets, Air France provides more flexibility to passengers as compared to most other airlines. The Air France Name Change Policy itself is very clear and well-defined, which makes the rules pretty easy to understand and follow. Here are the key points.
● The policy allows name changes or corrections only on entirely unused 001-validated flight tickets.
● The policy divides all name changes or corrections into two categories – Minor and Major name corrections. The itinerary is the differentiating factor between these two categories.
● Minor name corrections refer to name changes or corrections on tickets associated with itineraries that include only Air France Eagle and Air France Prime flights.
● Major name corrections refer to name changes or corrections on tickets associated with itineraries that consist of codeshare flights between Air France and its Oneworld partners and Air France and non-Oneworld partners.
● Minor name corrections can be performed on the same PNR as per the policy rules.
● For Major name corrections, original PNRs must be canceled and new PNRs booked.
● Both Minor and Major name corrections include six types of name changes or corrections.
● Passengers are allowed to make changes to their first, middle and last names. They are also permitted to add or remove their second last names.
● Passengers are also allowed to completely change their last names as part of legal name corrections due to certain life events such as a marriage, divorce, or adoption.
● The Air France Name Change Policy doesn’t allow a change of passenger. The original traveller must remain the same after the name change or correction.
● The DOB and gender information entered in the original SFPD must remain unchanged for both Minor and Major name corrections.
● There is no fee for Minor name corrections. Tickets are reissued at the original fare.
● Major name corrections require the payment of a name change fee. However, tickets are reissued at the original fare in such cases as well.
● The policy has a unique feature of Infant name correction where name changes or corrections on infants’ names are performed on the original PNRs like adults.
● The policy rules don’t allow a change of origin, destination and route of the journey for both Minor and Major name corrections.
● The latest guidelines of the policy allow name changes on partially used tickets as a notable exception.
● The particular exception clause of name change allows passengers to change the origin and destination of their itineraries. Tickets must be rebooked in such cases at applicable fares at the time of reissue.
How to Edit a Misspelled/Wrong Name on An Air France Ticket?
You can edit your wrong name on an Air France ticket online through the official website or the mobile app. Here are the steps for a name edit through the website.
● Open the homepage of the official Air France website, https://wwws.airfrance.us/, on your browser.
● Look at the box over the slider image.
● Click on the 2nd menu from the left called “Manage trips/Check-in”.
● Enter your last name and booking confirmation code in the boxes and click on the “Find your trip” button in the right-hand corner.
● Now, you’ll be inside your managed reservations section where you’ll find your entire trip details.
● Check out the “Edit” option beside your name. You’ll find this option only if you are eligible for an online name change or correction as per your fare rules.
● Click on “Edit” to make changes or corrections to your name.
● Save the change as per the instructions given and wait for the confirmation email.
Can I change my Air France Flight ticket’s name?
You can’t completely change your name on the Air France ticket. You can only make partial name changes or corrections as per the rules of the Air France Name Change Policy. Here, the changes are made on the original or new PNR, but the initial reservation remains unaltered. If you want to really change your name on the ticket, you have to cancel your reservation and rebook.
How much does it cost to change a name on an Air France ticket?
Air France does not charge a name change fee for minor name corrections. Therefore, Air France’s name correction fee is zero for itineraries, including Air France Eagle and Air France Prime flights. Some airlines allow one free improvement per ticket. Others will charge a “correction fee” or “change fee”, which can range from $50 to $200. However, the airline charges a name change fee for major name corrections. The name correction fee for Air France flights to and from an EU country is €40 and is approximately the same for other countries.
The cost of changing a flight with Air France can vary based on several factors, including the type of ticket, the destination, and the specific changes being made. When it comes to changing the name on a ticket, Air France typically charges a fee for this service. It’s essential to contact Air France directly at 1-800-Air France-1 or +1-800-315-2771, +1 (800) 433-7300, or visit their website for the most up-to-date information on fees.
What Documents are Needed for a Name Change?
No additional documents are required for a simple name change or correction on an Air France ticket. However, as per the Air France Name Change Policy rules, supporting documents along with reissued government ID proofs must be submitted for legal name changes where the complete last names have to be changed due to marriage, divorce or adoption. These documents have to be uploaded during an online name change or sent by postal mail along with a written name change request for an offline name change.
What Should I do if I Notice a Name Mistake on my Air France Ticket?
You should thoroughly check your booking details or ticket as soon as your reservation is complete. The first thing you should do once you notice a name mistake on your Air France ticket is to contact customer service via phone call or contact your travel agency if you’ve booked through them. You don’t need to worry if your booking was done through a travel agency, as they will make the necessary changes or corrections to your name. If you purchased your ticket directly from Air France, you can either edit your name online or request a name change by interacting with an Air France representative. Finally, to make name changes that aren’t allowed under the Air France Name Change Policy rules, you can cancel your booking and rebook within 24 hours to avoid paying the cancellation fees and other extra charges.
How long does it take for an Air France to Change your Name?
Online name changes or corrections through the website or the mobile app can be done instantly. Changes are confirmed between a few minutes and a few hours. However, offline name changes or corrections may take some time, depending on the method used. If you send hard copies to the reservations department via postal mail, it might take up to 14 days to get your name change confirmed. Similarly, for name change requests submitted through live chats or telephone calls, the wait time could vary between a few minutes and a few days.
Can I Change the Passenger Name on an Air France Flight?
By a change in the passenger name, if you mean a change in the passenger or individual, then the answer is no. The Air France Name Change Policy rules don’t allow this. As per the rules, you can only change or correct parts of your name on an Air France ticket. You can’t change your complete passenger name and put somebody else’s name on the ticket. If your schedule has changed and you’re no longer travelling, you have to cancel your reservation, get a refund and then book a ticket for another passenger.
How Do I Change My Misspelled Name on an Air France Ticket?
There are three ways you can change your misspelt name on an Air France ticket. You can edit your name online. You can inform your travel agent and request a name change, or you can make a name change request to an Air France representative directly over the phone or via live chat.
How Do I Change My Name on an Air France Flight?
To change your name entirely on an Air France flight, you have to cancel your reservation and rebook. To make partial changes to your first, middle or last name, you can either contact Air France customer service via phone call or live chat or do it yourself online through the website or mobile app. You can also change parts of your name by contacting your travel agent if you purchased your ticket from him. For a change in your last name due to a legal name change, you have to submit supporting legal documents along with your new government-issued ID proof at the time of processing your name change request.
How do we Change the Name of Air France Online and Offline?
You can change or correct the name on your Air France flight ticket both online and offline. Here’s what you should know about both the processes.
Online name change/correction
The online process has been discussed in great detail in previous sections of this blog. The process starts with logging into the official website of Air France with your valid booking credentials. Then, you have to find your booking name and look out for the edit option in the manage reservations section. You have to edit your wrong name and enter the correct one, and, finally, save the changes by following the instructions given. Please note that the edit option will not be visible in your managed reservations or greyed out if you’re not eligible for a name change or correction as per your fare rules.
Offline name change/correction
There are various methods of offline name change or correction. Here they are.
● Name change/correction via phone call: You can change or correct your name by dialling the Air France toll-free phone number, then following the IVR, and finally talking to a customer service associate.
● Name change through social media: Air France uses various social media Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp to interact live with passengers. This helps passengers get instant assistance regarding name changes.
● Name change via live chat: The quickest way to get your name corrected or changed on an Air France ticket is to connect to an airline representative via live chat and submit your change request to him. This is the best method of name change or correction because it allows you to get your name changed in real-time. The option is available in the Air France mobile app.
● Name change/correction at the airport: This method is risky but effective nonetheless, especially if your booking was made within 24 hours of scheduled departure. This method allows you to interact with an Air France ground staff face-to-face, which could be helpful in processing your name change request faster. This method is the best for simple name corrections where document verifications are not required.
● Name change/correction via email or postal mail: The least effective of all the offline methods discussed here, you can consider sending your name change request via an email or postal mail when you aren’t left with any other alternative. It takes a lot of time for the documents you send to reach the concerned department and official. Sometimes, the emails are left unopened in the inbox for days. So, don’t use this method if you have other options.
A name mismatch on a flight ticket is like a travel emergency that needs urgent attention. Even a slight delay in addressing the issue can lead to hefty penalties and boarding denials. So, the moment you notice that your name on the ticket doesn’t match your government ID proof, it’s essential to contact your travel agency or the airline immediately. As far as the name change guidelines are concerned, the Air France Name Change Policy does its best to help passengers deal with a name mismatch in the quickest possible manner. It allows you to make simple name corrections online and lets you talk and chat with live agents for more complex name changes.
And what’s more! You get most of these services for free. So, the next time you notice a spelling mistake on your name on an Air France ticket, don’t fret. Use any of the name correction methods discussed above and continue with your travel.
Ques. What is the Special Exception Policy for Air France name change?
Ans. The Special Exception Policy is part of the Air France Name Change Policy and was introduced in 2022 to allow name changes on partially used tickets. The rules of this exception policy enable passengers to change the origin, destination and route of the journey along with a name change.
Ques. Can I change my name on my Basic Economy ticket?
Ans. As a general rule, Basic Economy tickets are non-changeable. But if your ticketed fare rule allows changes, you’ll be able to make changes or corrections to your name.
Ques. How much does Air France charge for an infant name correction?
Ans. Air France doesn’t charge any fee for an infant name correction. The reason behind this is that the airline doesn’t share the infant’s name with the other airlines involved in a codeshare. Therefore, changes can be performed internally without requiring a PNR cancellation.