Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Policy: Take exceptional care of your child when he is traveling alone. It ensures that your child is in safe hands and is picked up by his guardian after his arrival. Under its unaccompanied minor policy, a Lufthansa staff member will accompany him from the departure airport to the destination airport.
His tickets will be booked in a different way from the normal process of reservation. Parents should inform Lufthansa about their child traveling alone after booking his flight. You should contact Lufthansa Airlines on its customer care. Your child between the ages of 5 and 17 will be considered an unaccompanied minor.
Lufthansa’s care service will be provided to him after you book his flight. During this service, he will provide meals, beverages, and entertainment. Your child will reach their destination safely.
You can trust this policy if you send your child alone on Lufthansa. Ensure that you know about What Age Can Child Fly Alone On a Lufthansa Flight. | Minor Policy | +1-800-315-2771 in detail.
What Age Can A Child Fly Alone On Lufthansa Flight?
Lufthansa Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy: allows minors to travel alone without their parents. They will be looked after by Lufthansa Airlines. Children of the following age group will be allowed to travel as unaccompanied minors:
● Children aged between 5 and 11 to travel with a person of at least 12 years of age
● Teens 12 to 17 can travel alone as unaccompanied minors on Lufthansa.
Unaccompanied minors will receive the following Lufthansa care service:
● Complete support even during flight delays and cancellations
● Priority check-in by a Lufthansa staff member
● You will be allowed to accompany your child till the boarding gate
● Handing over your child to his guardian after arrival
● Guardians should immediately pick up your child
● Your child will be informed of rules and regulations for safe traveling
Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Requirements
Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Policy: suggests informing Lufthansa Airlines about your child’s traveling. The airline should be announced right after his flight is booked. After getting reported, it will provide you with a list of documents. These documents should be carried with your child in his entire journey:
● Passport or identity card of your child
● Visa in case of traveling to an international destination
● Travel insurance certificate
● Information on allergies that your child may have
● Receipt of payment made to avail of Lufthansa care service
● Declaration from you or any guardian that your child is traveling alone
● Complete care service form
How Much Does Unaccompanied Minor Cost On Lufthansa Airline?
Lufthansa Airlines will apply fees for its Unaccompanied Minor Care Service. You have to pay it along with the cost of flight booking for your child. These fees will apply per person, even in the case of siblings. The fee structure of this service is as follows:
● Domestic flights and those within Africa: USD 95
● Flights within Europe: USD 95
● North Africa and Levant: USD 105
● Middle East, Central Africa, and Arab region: USD 130
● Medium-haul intercontinental flight: USD 140
● Long-haul intercontinental flight: USD 170
Lufthansa Unaccompanied Minor Check-In
You must check in for your unaccompanied minor’s flight via the airport check-in counter. His flight cannot be checked in online. Nevertheless, you must present all the requested documents to Lufthansa airport personnel. All of their travel documents should be kept in the yellow bag, which will be given to them by Lufthansa. You can contact for further details on these Lufthansa customer care numbers:
Germany: +49 (0) 69 86 799 799
Canada: +1 833 9512503
China:+86 4008 868 868
France:+33 170 48 91 70
- Lufthansa Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy | Fee | +1-800-315-2771
- Lufthansa Airlines Compensation for Flight Delays or Cancellation
- Lufthansa Compensation For Cancellation Or Flight Delayed
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Lufthansa's unaccompanied minor policy: allows minors to travel alone to their desired destination. They should be between the ages of 5 and 17. Lufthansa will look after them during and after their travel. Children and their relatives will be able to feel safe throughout their journey. Lufthansa Airlines
ns. Lufthansa Airlines' unaccompanied minor fees differ according to their routes. These fees apply to every minor. Its structure is available on the website of Lufthansa Airlines
Ans. Lufthansa offers child-friendly meals while being onboard. Children traveling with Lufthansa Airlines can enjoy meals such as 'rice pudding mouse' and 'dragon feet.'
Ans. The age limit for Lufthansa's children's tickets is 11 years. Children between the ages of 2 and 11 should occupy their seats on Lufthansa Airlines.
Ans. You can send your children to their desired destination alone on a connecting Lufthansa Airlines flight. Their age should be from 5 to 17. Lufthansa Airlines enables children between the ages of 5 and 11 to fly unaccompanied if they are traveling with someone at least 12 years old.
Ans. Unaccompanied minor fees on Lufthansa Airlines differ according to routes. These fees apply to each passenger. You can check fees on the website of Lufthansa Airlines
Ans. Lufthansa offers child-friendly meals while being onboard. Children traveling with Lufthansa Airlines can enjoy meals such as ‘rice pudding mouse’ and ‘dragon feet’. Their parents can avail of it during the booking or check-in process of Lufthansa Airlines.