How to Change Your Passenger Name on Southwest Airlines Ticket?
To change a Name on your Southwest Airlines ticket, Southwest Airlines (0TA)+1-800-315-2771 or 1-800-435-9792 or Receive guidance and assistance for swift and accurate modifications to your flight reservation.
Name changes or corrections are top contributors among all change requests received by the airlines in the US. From misspelled names due to typos or system errors to changes in legal names, there could be plenty of reasons why name changes or corrections on flight tickets might be requested. Name changes become even more critical due to the strict TSA guidelines and the monetary repercussions. Considering that even a slight name mismatch on your flight ticket could land you in deep soup on the day of travel, knowing an airline’s name change policy and process is essential before buying tickets from them. In this blog, we bring you the Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy in detail with its rules, guidelines, and processes so you know what to do if you notice a name mismatch on your Southwest flight ticket. So, read the blog thoroughly for an in-depth understanding.
If you need to change the name on your Southwest Airlines ticket, contact Southwest Airlines customer service at 1-800-Southwest Airlines-1 or +1-800-315-2771 or +1 888-851-9909. They will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding name changes on tickets. You can also call a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for passenger name change help.
Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy
Like most major airlines worldwide, Southwest Airlines has a comprehensive and well-defined name correction policy to help passengers manage a name mismatch. Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy is a mix of rules, guidelines and processes that allow passengers to take appropriate steps if they need to change or correct their names on Southwest flight tickets. Here are the critical points of the policy you should know.
● The policy allows passengers to correct typing and spelling mistakes on flight tickets.
● The rules permit passengers to correct a maximum of three characters in their first names in cases of typing errors.
● Passengers are allowed to add or remove their middle names from tickets. They can also change a middle name into an initial and vice versa.
● The Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy rules let passengers add or remove hyphenated last names from their Southwest flight tickets.
● Passengers can add or remove three repetitive characters from their first and last names—for Example, Tiffany to Tiffany and vice versa.
● The policy rules allow passengers to add or remove prefixes or suffixes from their ticket names.
● Name inversions on tickets happen due to technical errors or errors during name entry. With the Southwest Airlines Name Correction Policy, passengers can correct their inverted names on tickets without worry.
● The policy rules don’t allow changes in gender or date of birth of passengers in the original reservations. The DOB and gender information of passengers must remain the same after name changes or corrections.
● Passengers who have already checked in must check in again after a name change or correction per the policy rules.
● The policy rules allow passengers to completely change their last names on tickets if their names change due to marriage, divorce, or adoption. Such change requests must be supported with proper legal documents per the rules.
What is Southwest Airlines Name Correction Policy?
The Southwest Airlines Name Correction Policy is a collection of rules, terms, and guidelines that govern matters related to a name mismatch on a flight ticket. It addresses name mismatches on Southwest flight tickets due to typing errors, spelling mistakes, or technical glitches. Here’s what the policy is all about.
● The policy rules allow passengers to correct up to three letters in their first and last names on tickets or by calling Southwest customer service.
● The policy rules don’t entitle passengers to change their DOB and gender information while making or requesting a name correction.
● Passengers have to check in again after a name correction if they’ve already checked in.
● Name corrections are only allowed on unused Southwest Airlines tickets. They’re not permitted on partially flown itineraries. Passengers must contact Southwest Airlines for exceptional situations.
● Name corrections on flight tickets can be made free of cost except where the fare rules don’t permit such changes.
How do I change my name on a Southwest Airlines ticket?
You can change your name on a Southwest Airlines ticket. You are only allowed to make corrections or partial changes to your name. To make partial name changes or corrections, you must follow any of the online and offline methods suggested by the Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy. You can make changes or corrections to your name from your phone or desktop or by calling Southwest Airlines and talking to an airline representative.
Contact Southwest Airlines Customer Service: Dial the helpline at 1-800-315-2771 (TP to connect with Southwest Airlines customer service. Be prepared to provide you’re booking details and explain the reason for the name change.
How do I change my first and last Name on the Southwest ticket reservation?
The Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy rules don’t allow you to change your first Name in your Southwest reservation. It lets you change or correct only up to three letters in your first Name on the ticket. Similarly, the rules allow you to add or remove your hyphenated last names on the ticket and add or remove suffixes in your previous names. If your fare rules permit, you can make all these minor changes from your smartphone or laptop. Otherwise, you have to contact Southwest customer service for assistance. You can change your first and last Name through your travel agency if you’ve booked through them. However, Southwest Airlines allows you to completely change your previous Name if your Name has changed after booking due to marriage, divorce, or adoption. You can request a name change by contacting a Southwest representative by following various offline methods or sending a written request along with supporting legal documents to the concerned Southwest department via postal mail.
To change your last Name on a Southwest ticket:
● Log into your Southwest account online or use their mobile app.
● Select your flight under ‘My Trips’ and choose the option to edit your details.
● For verification, be ready with legal proof of your Name change, like a marriage certificate. You can also visit the airport’s Southwest customer service desk for help.
How do I change my misspelled name on the Southwest ticket?
Changing your misspelled name on a Southwest ticket is easy. Depending on your fare rules, you can do it online through the website or mobile app. Alternatively, you can request a name change or correction from a Southwest representative by contacting customer service via phone or live chat. You can also change your misspelled name on the ticket by requesting a change or correction to the travel agency through which you booked your ticket.
Can I change my wrong name after a booking on a Southwest flight ticket?
Can You Change the Name on Southwest Ticket? Yes, Southwest Airlines allows passengers to change the name on a ticket under certain conditions. It’s important to note that name changes are subject to specific rules and fees, so it’s advisable to understand the process before proceeding. Dial: 1-800-435-9792.
As per the rules of the Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy, you can only correct typing or spelling mistakes on your name on the ticket or make minor alterations or modifications to your name after booking. The rules don’t allow you to change your name after booking if it’s completely wrong. In this case, the only possible way out is a booking cancelation and rebooking, which might attract cancelation fees and other penalties subject to your fare rules. However, you can take advantage of the Southwest 24-hour cancelation policy to cancel your ticket with the wrong name and rebook with the correct name on the ticket without paying any penalties within 24 hours of booking.
How can I update my name on Southwest Airlines ticket?
If you need to change your name on a Southwest Airlines ticket, it’s recommended to contact the airline directly at –Southwest-1 or 1-800-435-9792 or visit their website for detailed information and guidance.
You can update your name on your Southwest Airlines ticket independently without assistance from your mobile or desktop through the mobile app or official website. If you are not eligible for an online name update per your fare rules, then you can update your name on the ticket by contacting Southwest Airlines via phone call, live chat, messages, or postal mail and requesting a name correction. And if your Southwest ticket was purchased from an online travel agency, then you have to contact them for a name updation on the ticket.
How much does it cost to Change a name on a Southwest ticket?
First, Southwest Airlines doesn’t allow changing your name on a ticket. It will enable you to correct, update, or make partial changes to your name on a Southwest ticket. And the airline doesn’t charge any fee for such a simple name change or correction. In other words, the Southwest Airlines name change fee is zero. However, suppose you want to change your name on a Southwest ticket. In that case, you’ll need to cancel your reservation and rebook, which might require the payment of a cancelation fee and applicable fare difference after 24 hours of original booking.
How do I change my name on Southwest Airlines Online and Offline?
The Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy rules allow you to correct typing or spelling mistakes in your name and make partial name changes online and offline. The online and offline methods comprise various ways and processes, which are discussed below for your understanding. Here’s How to Change My Name on a Southwest Airlines Ticket:
Online: Log in to “My Trips” on Southwest Airlines’s website or app, find your reservation, and choose “Modify Passenger Details.” Enter the correct name and provide supporting documentation if needed.
Online Name Change through the Website
● Open www.southwest.com on your browser.
● Click “Flight” on the header menu bar of the home page. A white pop-up box opens.
● In the pop-up box, click “Manage Reservations, ” the 2ndsubmenu from the top under the “Flight” column.
● You’ll be redirected to the “Retrieve Air Reservation” page. Click the “Search” button after entering your booking credentials in the boxes.
● Check your booking name after your trip details are retrieved in your manage reservations section.
● You’ll find an “Edit Name” option beside your name if you are eligible to modify your name online as per the rules of the Southwest Manage Booking Policy.
● Click on “Edit Name” and make corrections as per the rules.
● You’ll receive an email notification after the change is confirmed.
Online Name Change through the Mobile App
● Download the Southwest Airlines mobile app on your smartphone.
● Tap on the hamburger icon on the top left of your mobile screen.
● Select “Look Up Reservation” from the options.
● Enter your booking confirmation number and first and last names, and click “Retrieve Reservation.”
● Find your name in your manage reservations section once your booking details are retrieved. The edit pencil should be beside your name if you’re eligible for a name change or correction. If it’s greyed out, you have no other option but to contact Southwest Customer Service for your name change or correction.
● Update the name and continue. Once the name correction is complete, you’ll be taken back to the “Manage Reservation” page.
● Wait for the email for confirmation.
Offline Name Change by Contacting Customer Service
If you cannot make partial changes or corrections to your name online, you can do it by contacting Southwest customer service. You have to dial the toll-free contact number, get connected to a Southwest representative, and request a name change via phone call. The regular customer service phone number is available on the Southwest website. And if you need to change your last name due to a marriage or a divorce, it’s better to contact Southwest Customer Relations for prompt support and quicker results. The contact number for Southwest Customer Relations is 1-855-234-4654. Keep all legal documents in support of your name change handy.
Name Change through Messages and Live Chat
You can expect faster resolution to your name change queries via live chat and WhatsApp messages than most conventional methods. Messages and chats help you quickly connect to an airline representative and send required documents for a name change instantly, resulting in an on-the-spot name change or correction.
Name Change through Social Media Handles
You can contact Southwest Airlines through its social media handles and make a partial name change or correction request through inbox chat or the comment section. The airline is known for providing prompt name change assistance via its X handle. You can even get your most complex name change queries solved by contacting Southwest Airlines via its social media platforms.
Name Change or Correction through Travel Agency
If you’ve booked your Southwest Airlines ticket through a corporate or local agent or an online travel agency, the best and most hassle-free way of getting your name corrected or partially changed is to get it done through that agency. The process is the same as in other cases. You have to contact the agency and submit your name change request; the rest will be taken care of by them.
What documents are needed for a Name Change on Southwest Airlines?
No documents must be submitted online or offline to correct a typing error or spelling mistake in the Name on a Southwest ticket. Records are also not required for making minor name changes on tickets. However, passengers must submit proofs supporting their legal name changes and the new government-issued ID proofs for a complete last name change due to marriage, divorce, or adoption. Also, as per the Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy rules, Southwest Airlines reserves the right to ask for additional documents from passengers if required for making such name changes.
Southwest Airlines is the world’s largest low-cost passenger carrier. And its air-travel-for-all approach is reflected in its policies. The airline doesn’t charge any fee for a name change or correction. At the same time, it allows passengers to make name changes or corrections on their own from their mobiles or computers. The Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy promotes self-sufficiency, allowing passengers to independently manage a name mismatch on tickets. Also, the policy provides ample scope to passengers seeking assistance via phone calls, live chat, and other channels. All these make the policy, its rules, and guidelines efficient and implementable. In this blog, we’ve discussed all policy aspects in detail. So, go through the blog and learn all you need to about how to change your Name on a Southwest flight ticket.
Ques. How do I change my Name on a Southwest Airlines international?
Ans. The name change rules, guidelines, and processes on Southwest flight tickets are the same for domestic and international flights. You can correct your Name on the ticket or partially change it online via phone calls, live chat, and through travel agents.
Ques. How Do I Change the Name on my Southwest Flight Ticket?
Ans. You can’t change your Name on a Southwest flight ticket. You can only make partial changes or modifications to your Name such as add or remove parts of your last Name, add or remove the prefixes, etc. You can make such changes online through the official Southwest website or the mobile app, or you may contact Southwest through various channels to request a partial name change.
Ques. How can I change my passenger Name on a Southwest flight ticket?
Ans. The Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy rules don’t allow you to change your passenger name on a Southwest flight ticket. It only allows partial name changes or corrections on tickets. However, if you still need to change your passenger name, cancel your reservation and rebook afresh with the new Name.
Ques. How long does it take for a Southwest to change your Name?
Ans. The timing for a name change confirmation depends on your method or process. Partial name changes can be made online instantly if your fare rules and certain other conditions permit. Changes are confirmed within a few hours in such cases. For other methods, such as a phone call or live chat, you must keep the waiting time aside. Rest you can expect the changes to be confirmed instantly in such cases, too. However, if you use postal mail to send your name change request, Southwest Airlines might take a relatively long time (approximately up to two weeks) to make the changes on your ticket.
Ques. What if I put the wrong Name on my plane ticket?
Ans. The Southwest Airlines Name Change/Correction Policy doesn’t allow you to change your Name on your plane ticket. So, if you put your Name utterly wrong on your flight ticket, you must cancel your reservation first and then rebook with the correct Name. Do it within 24 hours of booking so you don’t have to pay extra charges.
Ques. Can I change my Southwest ticket’s Name?
Ans. No. As per the Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy rules, you can’t change your Name on the Southwest ticket. You can correct and update your Name on the ticket or make partial changes, such as a last name change due to marriage, divorce, or adoption.
Ques. What should I do if I notice a Name mistake on my Southwest ticket?
Ans. Login to your manage reservations section immediately through the website or the mobile app and make the necessary edits to your Name. Call Southwest customer service and request a name change directly if that’s not possible. However, if you booked your flight through a travel agency, you should first contact and inform them about the name mistake.
Ques. How much does it cost to change a Name on a Southwest ticket?
Ans. Southwest doesn’t charge any fee for a partial name change or correction on the ticket. So, the name change fee is zero.
Ques. What documents are needed to Name change?
Ans. No documents are needed for a simple name change or correction on a Southwest flight ticket. However, in case of legal Name changes due to marriage, divorce, or adoption, passengers must submit supporting legal documents such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc., along with copies of their old and new government ID proofs to Southwest Airlines for changing their last names on tickets.
Ques. Can I transfer my ticket to someone else’s Name?
Ans. No. The Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy rules don’t allow you to transfer your ticket to someone else’s Name. You must cancel your reservation and book a ticket in the other person’s Name to do that.
Ques. How do I change my last Name on my Southwest ticket?
Ans. To change your last Name on your Southwest ticket, you must submit legal documents supporting your name change along with your old and new government-issued ID proofs to Southwest Airlines. You can send these documents via mail or upload them online during name change. You can also send these documents through postal mail to the concerned Southwest department. Please note that changing your last Name is only allowed in case of marriage, divorce, or adoption.