United Airlines Group Travel Booking and Reservation Process
Traveling with a group can be a delightful experience, whether with family, friends, colleagues, or other like-minded people. The energy and excitement that each person brings to the group and the bonding that takes place make group travel a unique and memorable experience. This is especially true when air travel is involved, as it can add extra fun and adventure to the trip. However, group travel can serve many purposes. Apart from vacations, events, and leisure, group travels can also be booked for business meets, corporate award functions, and seminars, and United Airlines Group Travel recognizes the value of this market by offering reduced airfares, lenient baggage policies, and dedicated executives to make the booking process smooth and easy for passengers in American’s best 3 airlines. In this blog, we’ll discuss United Group Travel Ticket Booking, its terms and conditions, and the process so that you know what to do for United Airlines Group Travel Booking.
All you need to know about United Airlines Group Booking
Group bookings are a type of air travel booking where a group of individuals, organizations, or government/non-government bodies purchase bulk air tickets for events, meetings, seminars, or vacations. United Airlines offers lucrative deals to groups to capture such bulk business and increase its revenue. United Airlines has a comprehensible group reservation policy that outlines all its benefits, rules, and terms. Here’s all you need to know about the policy.
● United Airlines guarantees special fares for members in case of group booking.
● United Airlines allows dedicated airport coordinators for each group. The job of these airport group coordinators is to welcome group members at the airports, assist them with check-ins and baggage checks, and accompany them till they are onboard. However, this service is available in select airports in certain countries.
● Members of all groups are treated as priority customers by United Airlines. Therefore, United Airlines provides them exceptional services and privileges, such as priority check-in through dedicated airport check-in kiosks with United Airlines.
● United Airlines’ strict name change rules are relaxed for group bookings. Passengers get increased flexibility for name changes with United group travel booking.
● Passengers are allowed to pay in installments for group bookings. A flexible payment option is one of the critical features of the United Airlines group booking.
Terms & Conditions for United Airlines travel group reservation
United Airlines has a clearly defined policy to address issues related to group booking. The terms and conditions of the United Travel Ticket Group Booking are listed below.
● Groups should have a minimum of 10 members to be eligible to apply for United Airlines group travel booking. Groups with fewer members can also book United flights, but such collective bookings will not be considered group bookings per the policy terms.
● Specific benefits and privileges promised by United Airlines for group travel bookings, like dedicated group coordinators or priority check-in kiosks, may only be available at some airports.
● For groups with children of 14 years or less, there should be one adult for every 15 children to accompany them. So, if the group has 28 children, there should be 2 adults traveling with them.
● To book group travel with United Airlines, passengers must fill out and submit the online group request form and then wait for a price quote from United Airlines. Usually, United takes up to 2 business days to respond to group requests.
● The group price quotes offered by United Airlines are subject to seat availability at the time of booking and are valid till a given time. Groups might lose the offers if they delay in booking.
● The price quotes for group tickets don’t include the cost of extras. All extras must be purchased over and above the quoted per ticket price.
● Groups opting for part payments must clear their dues 7 days before departure.
● Groups must deposit at least 25% of the total booking amount at the time of group booking where the price quotes have been provided more than 15 days before scheduled departure.
● Groups must deposit 50% of the total booking amount at the time of group booking if United has provided the price quote between 8 and 14 days before scheduled departure.
● All deposits made by groups are entirely non-refundable and non-transferable. Therefore, groups forfeit their deposits if they cancel their group bookings.
● Groups must submit full passenger lists with complete information about all group members 48 hours before departure. Groups must comply to be allowed boarding on their booked flights.
● The booking amounts of group members who miss their flights are forfeited.
● Additional members can be added to the groups subject to seat availability and payment of an applicable fare.
How to Book Group Travel tickets with United Airlines?
United Group Travel Ticket Booking
You can book group travel tickets With United Airlines quite easily. There are both online and offline methods of group travel booking. All the methods are discussed below so that you can choose the one that suits you the best.
The online method of group travel booking
You may find the United Airlines official website a bit clumsy or unorderly when providing group booking assistance. Unlike other airlines, the United website doesn’t have any dedicated menu or tab that can provide direct access to information related to group booking or the group quote request form. Here’s what you need to do to book online group travel.
● First, open the home page of the United Airlines website, www.United.com, on your browser.
● Click on the search bar either on the header or footer menu.
● Type “United groups” or “Group travel” in the search bar and press enter.
● In the search results, click on the first item heading “Group Travel Contact Information.” You’ll be redirected to a new page called “United Groups Contact Information.”
● Click “Online form for bid requests” under the “Email” heading. This will redirect you to a new page with the complete bid request form.
● Fill out the form and click “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
● Once the request is submitted, United officials will contact you via email within 2 business days. The email will contain the group price quote offered by United Airlines and the associated terms and conditions for group booking.
● If you agree with the quoted price, complete the rest of the group booking formalities by following the instructions.
● Group booking via phone call – the offline method
If you are near your intended travel date, you may consider booking group travel with United Airlines via +1–800–315–2771 phone call. This will help you get prompt assistance from a dedicated United Airlines group desk representative. You must dial their toll-free contact number during business hours and provide your group information once connected to a live agent.
Group booking via Gmail
If you aren’t comfortable using the internet or a mobile app and you hate waiting in the queue during a phone call, sending the group quote request form via postal mail could be a viable option. In this case, you have to get the online bid request form downloaded and printed from somewhere, fill out the hard copy with all required details, and send it to the below-mentioned postal address with the attached supporting documents.
United Airlines, Inc.
United Group Department
900 Grand Plaza Dr.
Houston, TX 77067
Alternatively, you may also write to the United Group Department and ask them to send you the bid request via postal mail.
What is the Process for Group Booking on a United Flight?
The group booking process for United Airlines flights is straight and simple. You have to fill out and submit a price quote request form to United Airlines called a bid request form in United terminology. You can do this both online and offline. Both processes are described in the previous section. Typically, you get an e-mail response from United within the next 2 business days. The e-mail contains a custom price quote United offers, depending on your requirements. The price quote is valid for a certain period, during which you must deposit your first installment to book group travel with United, provided that you agree to the rates offered and the associated terms and conditions.
United Airlines Group Booking Department Phone Number
The phone number for the United Airlines group booking department is +1-800-315-2771. This number is dedicated to customers in the US and Canada. To talk to a live agent on this phone number regarding group travel booking, passengers must dial the number between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Central Time) from Monday to Friday. Passengers in other countries can find their respective group desk phone numbers from the official website.
Group travel with United Airlines is a pleasant experience. The booking process is hassle-free and fast, and the response time from the airline is relatively short. The United Airlines Group Booking Policy terms are also flexible, and the guidelines are clear. The airline also offers both online and offline assistance for group booking. So, what more could you ask for? Book group travel with United Airlines for your next corporate meet, sporting event, or getaway family reunion.
- United Airlines Flight Delay Compensation Policy
- How To Cancel United Airlines Flight?
- United Airlines Flight Check-In Policy
- United Airlines Manage Flight Booking Policy
Ques. How long is the United Airlines price quote valid?
Ans. The price quote by United Airlines remains valid for 7 days if provided at least 15 days before departure. On the contrary, the exact price quote is valid for only 24 hours if provided to passengers between 3 to 14 days before scheduled departure.
Ques. What happens if the United Airlines price quote expires or becomes invalid?
Ans. The price quote provided by United Airlines becomes invalid after the specified date, beyond which prices are revised and may lead to an increase in the quoted fares.
Ques. How much is the cancellation fee for United Airlines group travel?
Ans. United Airlines charges a 100% penalty from passengers for group travel cancelations. So, the entire booking deposit is forfeited if passengers cancel their group bookings.
Ques. What is the no-show policy for United Airlines group travel booking?
Ans. United Airlines has a zero-tolerance for no-shows in case of group bookings. If select members from the group or the entire group miss their flights, the entire booking amounts paid are forfeited.
Ques. We have 8 members in our group. Do we get special rates under the United Airlines group booking?
Ans. No. The United Airlines Group Booking Policy requires groups to have at least 10 members to be eligible to apply for group booking and get associated privileges.
Ques. Can sports teams with fewer group members book group travel with United Airlines?
Ans. Yes. United Airlines has a special provision for sports teams where group travels can be booked for as few members as six instead of 10, which is the general rule. However, this exception is made for US travel to and from Canada and Puerto Rico.
Ques. Does United Airlines allow name change or correction for group members?
Ans. United Airlines allows groups to submit complete passenger details within 48 hours before scheduled departure. If a name correction is still required for a group member, that might be possible, subject to the provision of the final ticketing agreement accepted and signed by the group leader.
Ques. Does United Airlines allow flight changes for group members?
Ans. The United Airlines official website has a Split Booking option that allows groups to remove members who no longer wish to travel or whose schedules have changed due to some reasons. Groups can rebook such passengers on other flights and book a new PNR for the entire group.
Ques. How many members can be booked under the United Airlines group travel booking?
Ans. The United Airlines Group Booking Policy doesn’t mention any upper limit for the number of members that can be booked. Instead, the general terms of group booking assure that all members in the group will be accommodated on the same flight.
Ques. Does United Airlines provide any fare guarantee?
Ans. Yes, it does. The airline offers a guaranteed base fare for the entire group, excluding taxes and surcharges, which vary regularly.