How Can I Change My Frontier Airlines Flight
Life is never short of surprises. They catch you off guard when you least expect them to. They impact your plans, schedules, and programs, often leaving you helpless. This holds for all aspects of your life, including your travel plans. Family or personal emergencies, health issues, or sudden changes in meeting schedules could be endless reasons why your travel plans might change. A change in travel plan is always followed by changes in flights, leading to penalties and hefty change fees. Therefore, understanding the flight change policy of the airline you are flying with is very important. Luckily, Frontier, the ultra-low-cost carrier from Colorado, has a favorable change policy in place. So, let’s dive deep into the Frontier Flight Change Policy and see what it has in store for you.
The Frontier Flight Change Policy
People’s favorite carrier, Frontier, is known for its customer-centric policies and guidelines. The airline understands that changes may happen in travel plans. Therefore, the Frontier Flight Change Policy offers several options for changing and canceling your reservation, and that too at minimum cost. The policy makes flight changes affordable for all. Here is everything you should know about the Frontier Flight Change Policy.
● First things first. At Frontier, all tickets offered are non-refundable after 24 hours from purchase. Flexibilities and benefits are provided in bundles that must be purchased extra during flight bookings. The Works and Flight Flexibility are bundles that cover most services standard airlines offer when combined.
● Now, returning to the Frontier Flight Change Policy, as a general rule, Frontier charges change fees from passengers for changing flights or modifying schedules. And the change fees vary depending on how close you are to your scheduled departure date.
● The Frontier Flight Change Policy clearly defines the slabs for applicable change fees. The bottom line is that the closer you get to the departure date, the higher the change fee you pay as per the suitable change fee slab.
● However, the Frontier Flight Change Policy rules also exempt you from paying change fees for flight changes in some instances. Per the policy rules, there are two ways passengers can change their flights and avoid paying the change fees.
● First, they can purchase the Works bundle during flight booking, giving them the flexibility to change flights at any stage without paying change fees. They may also buy the Flight Flexibility bundle during initial booking to avoid paying the change fees. Remember that the Flight Flexibility bundle is already included in the Works bundle, providing other extras such as seats and bags.
● Second, passengers can change their flights without paying change fees if they do it more than 60 days before departure. So, as per the Frontier Flight Change Policy rules, passengers don’t need to pay any change fee if they change their flights 60 days or more before departure.
● The Frontier Flight Change Policy also allows changes in itinerary, but passengers must pay the difference in fare in such cases. If the new flights cost less, no residual value is left for future use.
● The Frontier Flight Change Policy also allows you to cancel your itinerary and rebook. As per the rules, you’ll receive travel credits in such cases after the deduction of flight cancellation fees and a few other charges.
● Per the Frontier Flight Change Policy rules, if you have purchased the Works or the Flight Flexibility bundle, any change in flight or cancellation in the itinerary must be made at least 24 hours before scheduled departure. Changes or cancellations made within 24 hours will be subject to regular change fees per the applicable change fee slab.
What Options does Frontier Provide for Flight Modification?
If you have purchased a Frontier Airlines ticket and have doubts that your travel plans might change, study the Frontier Flight Change Policy in detail to know your best options. Here are those options.
● Frontier Airlines charges change fees from passengers for modifying their flights if their departures are scheduled in less than 60 days. Per the Frontier Flight Change Policy rules, the change fee increases the closer passengers get to their departure dates. So, change your flight as early as possible to pay less for your flight changes.
● Frontier Airlines also allows you to change flights or itineraries without paying any fee if you make the changes more than 60 days before departure.
● Frontier Airlines offers bundles of extras at extra prices, which can be purchased during flight bookings. If you buy any Flight Flexibility and the Works bundles during reservation, Frontier allows you to make flight changes without any change fee.
Frontier Flight Change Fees
The Frontier Flight Change Fee structure is divided into three slabs based on the timeframe for making flight changes. Here’s what you need to pay and when to change your flight.
● Per the Frontier Flight Change Policy rules, you don’t have to pay any change fee for making changes to your flight, provided you make those changes at least 60 days before departure. In other words, there’s no change fee for passengers who change their Frontier flights 60 days or more before departure.
● The Frontier flight change fee is $49 if you make changes between 59 days and seven days before departure.
● However, per the Frontier Flight Change Policy rules, the flight change fee increases closer to your departure date. The Frontier flight change fee is $99 if you make flight changes between 6 days to a few minutes before departure. So, if you want to make flight changes on your scheduled departure day, you’ll have to pay $99 to Frontier as a change fee.
Please note that the Frontier flight change fees discussed above apply to each passenger in a single direction, which means you must pay double this fee for round trips.
How do I Change my Flight on Frontier?
Now, the question is, does Frontier Airlines allow flight change online? And the answer is yes. As with any other airline, you can change your Frontier flight online and offline. Here are the simple steps for an online flight change.
● Open the home page of the Frontier Airlines official website, www.flyfrontier.com. Look at the grey color box right on the image slider.
● Click on “My Trip/Check-In,” the option in the middle of the grey box.
● Enter your last name and the booking confirmation code in the designated boxes and click “Search.”
● Once your trip details are retrieved, click “Change Flights” from your trip confirmation screen. You can change your flight’s departure date, time, and itinerary. You can also cancel your itinerary and rebook.
Similarly, flight changes and itinerary cancellations can also be made through the Frontier mobile app or offline. For offline flight changes and cancellations, passengers must contact Frontier Customer Service via their toll-free phone.
How to Change Frontier Flight on the Same day?
The process of changing your Frontier flight on the same day as your booking or scheduled departure is precisely similar. You can make the changes online, through the mobile app, or by calling Frontier Customer Service. The process has been discussed in the section above. However, the consequences of a flight change are different in both cases. A flight change on the same day as the booking is allowed free of cost provided the booking is made at least seven days before departure, while a flight change on the same day as the scheduled departure is always chargeable.
Changing your flight is not the happiest decision you take as a passenger. Forget the charges and the penalties. Readjustments to the modified schedules often take quite a lot of effort. And the hassles involved in the process are mostly too much to bear. However, with Frontier Airlines, the process is much simplified. The Frontier Airlines Flight Change Policy is not only easy to understand but is equally easy to follow. The airline provides several options to make flight changes without paying any change fee. So, before booking your Frontier flight, know the flight change rules to take advantage of its no-change fee policy.
Ques. What is the Frontier Airlines cancel flight fee?
Ans. Frontier Airlines allows passengers to cancel their itinerary and retain the value of their tickets after deducting applicable balanced flight fees. Per the rules, this fee is $99 per passenger per travel segment.
Ques. I’ve purchased the Works bundle. Can I change my Frontier flight anytime without a change fee?
Ans. Mostly yes. But you’ll still be required to pay the Frontier flight change fees if you change your flight within 24 hours of departure.
Ques. What else do I need to pay apart from the Frontier flight change fees to change my flight?
Ans. You’ll have to pay the applicable fare difference and the Frontier flight change fees to change your flights.